Here is what everyone in the organization should know:
* Definitions of Quality
- - How can you achieve quality if you don't understand what quality is?
* Why do businesses need to produce quality products?
* Understand Garvin's eight dimensions of quality: Performance, features, reliability, conformance, durability, serviceability, aesthetics, and perceived quality.
* Difference between Quality and Grade
* Difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
* Quality Management System
* History of Quality
* Quality Tools
- - Learn about seven basic quality tools.
* Quality Costs - or the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- - Visible and invisible costs of quality
- - Prevention cost, appraisal cost, internal failure costs and external failure costs
* Why do we need to measure the cost of quality?
* Quality Awards - Deming Award, EFQM and MBNQA
- - In this section, you will learn about these three top global quality awards.
* Quality Gurus - Edwards Deming, Joseph Juran and Philip Crosby.
- - In this section learn about the life and teachings of these quality gurus.
* Understanding waste
- - Three broad categories of waste: Muda, Mura and Muri
- - TIMWOODS Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overprocessing / Extra Processing, Overproduction, Defects, Skills Underutilized / Non-Utilized Talent